Playback can also share media stored in folders or even make entire disks available to your Playstation 3 or Xbox 360. By default, Playback will share almost any content on your system. No configuration required!
If you prefer to tinker, youâ€™ll appreciate Playbackâ€™s built-in access control list (ACL) and bandwidth throttling. The ACL allows you to control which devices have access to your media. Bandwidth throttling limits the transfer rate from your computer to your UPnP device so others on your network can still surf the web and check their email.
Of course, if speed is your thing, weâ€™ve got that too. Playback was engineered for extreme speed. Your media is powered and served via Nginx (Â http://wiki.nginx.org/Main ). Nginx is known for its high performance, stability, rich feature set, simple configuration, and low resource consumption. Nginx powers several high-visibility sites, such as WordPress, Hulu, Github, Ohloh, SourceForge and TorrentReactor.
Other features include Growl notifications, on-screen thumbnails powered by QuickLook, and much more!
- Streamlined design.
- Unparalleled performance and stability.
- Share movies, music, and pictures.
- Transparent integration with iTunes, iPhoto, Aperture, Photo Booth, and Adobe Lightroom 2 & 3.
- Built-in support for HD MKV files.
- Complete control of shared content.
- Spotlight based searching.
- Quicklook thumbnails for all media.
- Bandwidth throttling.
- ACL access.
- Growl notifications.
- Status menu with live stream info.
- and much more!